BSB50215 Diploma of Business qualification reflects the role of individuals in a variety of Business Services job roles. These individuals may have frontline management accountabilities.
Individuals in these roles carry out moderately complex tasks in a specialist field of expertise that requires business operations skills. They may possess substantial experience in a range of settings, but seek to further develop their skills across a wide range of business functions.
The key clients for the for the BSB50215 Diploma of Business are local and international students who wish to formally obtain a higher business qualification and would like to develop their skills and knowledge in business administration to create and further educational and employment opportunities. This qualification provides skills and knowledge in Quarry Business Manager, Business Analyst, Senior Executive, Business Development Director and Administrator.
To achieve this qualification, the learner must demonstrate competency in 12 units of competency. Successful participants will be issued with a Certificate by Ultimate Institute of Australia (UIA),
- BSBCRT511 - Develop critical thinking in others
- BSBFIN501 - Manage budgets and financial plans
- BSBOPS501 - Manage business resources
- BSBSUS511 - Develop workplace policies and procedures for sustainability
- BSBXCM501 - Lead communication in the workplace
- BSBLDR523 - Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
- BSBTWK501 - Lead diversity and inclusion
- BSBOPS504 - Manage business risk
- BSBOPS502 - Manage business operational plans
- BSBPEF501 - Manage personal and professional development
- BSBWHS521 - Ensure a safe workplace for a work area
- BSBLDR521 - Lead the development of diverse workforces
Satisfactory completion of an equivalent Australian Year 12 or Certificate IV or higher
Learners under 18 years of age at the time of enrolment need to provide evidence of parental or guardian consent.
Additional entry requirements for International learners:
Learners must be 18 years of age or older.
English Language Requirements
If one of the following applies, you do not need to provide evidence of an English test score with your application:
- You have completed at least five years’ study in one or more of the following countries: Australia, UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, or the Republic of Ireland
- You are a citizen and hold a passport from UK, USA, Canada, NZ or Republic of Ireland
- In the two years before applying for the learner visa, you completed, in Australia and in the English language, either the Senior Secondary Certificate of Education or a substantial component of a course leading to a qualification from the Australian Qualifications Framework at the Certificate IV or higher level, while you held a learner visa
Learners who do not satisfy one of the above criteria and wish to apply to study a VET course, must provide evidence of one of the following:
- IELTS General test score of 5.5 (or equivalent*) for direct entry into the course
- IELTS General score of 5.0 (or equivalent*) with evidence of enrolment in an ELICOS course of at least 10 weeks’ duration taken before the VET course
- IELTS General score of 4.5 (or equivalent*) with evidence of enrolment in an ELICOS course of at least 20 weeks’ duration taken before the VET course
- Completion of an ELICOS course exiting at the upper-intermediate level, or
- Successful completion of UIA’s language, literacy and numeracy assessment.
Results older than 2 years are not accepted.
*Acceptable equivalent tests are TOEFL IBT, TOEFL PBT, PTE Academic, Cambridge English Advanced (CAE).
Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) test
All students are required to undertake and successful complete an LLN test conducted by UIA. If students do not meet English and LLN requirements, learners will be asked to take further language, literacy and numeracy training.
Pre-Training Review (PTR)
All students will be required to undergo a PTR to determine that they understand the course requirements; that the course suits the student’s needs and aspirations; and that they have the skills and ability to succeed in their chosen course.
Participants who exit this course at any time prior to completion will receive a Statement of Attainment for Participants who exit this course at any time prior to completion will receive a Statement of Attainment for the units of competency they have successfully achieved.
After completing students may undertake a range of related higher-level qualifications
For instance, after achieving BSB50215 Diploma of Business, learners may undertake the following pathways:
After the successful completion of this qualification, there are several career pathways, which includes but not limited to:
- Executive Officer
- Business Development Manager
- Project Consultant
- Office Manager