ICT50120 Diploma of Information Technology qualification reflects the role of individuals in a variety of information and communications technology (ICT) roles who have established specialised skills in a technical ICT function.
Individuals in these roles carry out moderately complex tasks in a specialist field, working independently, as part of a team or leading a deliverable with others. They may apply their skills across a wide range of industries, business functions and departments, or as a business owner (sole trader/contractor).
The skills required for these roles may include, but are not restricted to:
- Protecting sensitive data and information through security architecture and developing disaster recovery and contingency plans
The key clients for the for the ICT50120 Diploma of Information Technology are local and international students who wish to formally obtain a higher Information Technology and Communication qualification and would like to develop their skills and knowledge in information technology to create and further educational and employment opportunities. This qualification provides skills and knowledge in information and communications technology (ICT) networking environments to support a wide range of industry occupations which include network support, network operations support, network operations technician, network technician and network support technician.
To achieve this qualification, the learner must demonstrate competency in 20 units of competency. Successful participants will be issued with a Certificate by Ultimate Institute of Australia (UIA), RTO ID: 41544; CRICOS ID: 108254C.
The qualification comprises of:
- Core units = 6
- Elective units = 14
- BSBCRT512 - Originate and develop concepts
- BSBXCS402 - Promote workplace cyber security awareness and best practices
- BSBXTW401 - Lead and facilitate a team
- ICTICT517 - Match ICT needs with the strategic direction of the organisation
- ICTICT532 - Apply IP, ethics and privacy policies in ICT environments
- ICTSAS527 - Manage client problems
- ICTCYS407 - Gather, analyse and interpret threat data
- ICTCYS610 - Protect critical infrastructre for organisations
- ICTCYS613 - Utilise design methodologies for security architecture
- ICTSAS524 - Develop, implement and evaluate an incident response plan
- ICTSAS526 - Review and update disaster recovery and contingency plans
- ICTNWK538 - Install and maintain valid authentication processes
- ICTNWK541 - Configure, verify and troubleshoot WAN links and IP services
- ICTNWK547 - Manage system security on operational systems
- ICTICT523 - Gather data to identify business requirements
- ICTNWK529 - Install and manage complex ICT networks
- ICTNWK540 - Design, build and test network servers
- ICTTEN611 - Produce an ICT network architecture design
- ICTNWK546 - Manage network security
- ICTSUS501 - Implement server virtualisation for a sustainable ICT system
Satisfactory completion of an equivalent Australian Year 12 or Certificate IV or higher
Learners under 18 years of age at the time of enrolment need to provide evidence of parental or guardian consent.
Additional entry requirements for International learners:
Learners must be 18 years of age or older.
English Language Requirements
If one of the following applies, you do not need to provide evidence of an English test score with your application:
- you have completed at least five years’ study in one or more of the following countries: Australia, UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, or the Republic of Ireland
- you are a citizen and hold a passport from UK, USA, Canada, NZ or Republic of Ireland
- in the two years before applying for the learner visa, you completed, in Australia and in the English language, either the Senior Secondary Certificate of Education or a substantial component of a course leading to a qualification from the Australian Qualifications Framework at the Certificate IV or higher level, while you held a learner visa.
Learners who do not satisfy one of the above criteria and wish to apply to study a VET course, must provide evidence of one of the following:
- IELTS General test score of 5.5 (or equivalent*) for direct entry into the course
- IELTS General score of 5.0 (or equivalent*) with evidence of enrolment in an ELICOS course of at least 10 weeks’ duration taken before the VET course
- IELTS General score of 4.5 (or equivalent*) with evidence of enrolment in an ELICOS course of at least 20 weeks’ duration taken before the VET course
- Completion of an ELICOS course exiting at the upper-intermediate level, or
- Successful completion of UIA’s language, literacy and numeracy assessment.
Results older than 2 years are not accepted.
*Acceptable equivalent tests are TOEFL IBT, TOEFL PBT, PTE Academic, Cambridge English Advanced (CAE)
Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) test
All students are required to undertake and successful complete an LLN test conducted by UIA. If students do not meet English and LLN requirements, learners will be asked to take further language, literacy and numeracy training.
Pre-Training Review (PTR)
All students will be required to undergo a PTR to determine that they understand the course requirements; that the course suits the student’s needs and aspirations; and that they have the skills and ability to succeed in their chosen course.
Participants who exit this course at any time prior to completion will receive a Statement of Attainment for the units of competency they have successfully achieved.
After completing students may undertake a range of related higher level qualifications.
For instance, after achieving ICT50220 Diploma of Information Technology, learners may undertake the following pathways:
- ICT60220 Advanced Diploma of Information Technology
After the successful completion of this qualification, there are several career pathways, which includes but not limited to:
- Cyber security specialist
- Network Administrator
- IT Administrator
- Network Support Coordinator
- Network Analyst
- Network Security Specialist